Wednesday, 23 June 2010

Blood. Severed spines. Fishburne saying "fuck." It's the 'Predators' redband trailer.


I must confess my feelings are mixed on the upcoming Predators. The original is clearly one of the best action/horror/SF crossovers ever made; a tense, unrelenting thrill ride that's bursting at the seams with testosterone thanks to one of the most macho ensembles ever thrown together (though if Sly's on form The Expendables might just change that). I have some fondness for Predator 2; though clearly the weaker film, it's still well-made, entertaining and has some good action scenes. Hell, for all its flaws I must admit I even quite like Alien Vs Predator, though after the almost universal panning heaped on AVP: Requiem I haven't been inclined to check that out yet.

But as much as I like the idea of a new Predator movie set exclusively within the universe of that franchise, and as much as I am a fan of most things with the name Robert Rodriguez attached, I dunno... thus far what I'm seeing of Predators isn't quite blowing my skirt up. But then, that whole thing about judging books by covers applies to movies and their trailers too. As a longtime fan of the franchise, I just have to see where it goes from here. I'll be there opening week for sure.

In the meantime, this slightier meatier taste of what's to come might do a little to help work up that hunger. Thanks to CHUD for the scoop.



Predator Triple Feature (Predator/ Predator 2/ AVP: Alien vs. Predator)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'm actually kind of excited for this film now. Just based on this trailer and the things I've been hearing, it seems like Rodriguez and Co. are taking the series back to its roots. A straight up bloody game of survival that pits a bunch of badasses from Earth against a bunch of extraterrestrial badasses. Definitely considering seeing this one.

    ReplyDelete